Description - Hotel Bishop's House
Hotel Bishop's House (Biskupsky Dum) belonging to 4 star Prague luxury hotels offers accommodation right in the historical centre of Prague, Lesser Town (Mala Strana) only few steps from Charles Bridge (Karluv most).
Hotel Bishop's House - luxury accommodation in Prague 1 on Lesser Town Quarter
Luxury Hotel Bishop's House offers Prague accommodation in quiet and comfortly equipped standard double and triple rooms.
The historic and romantic atmosphere is underlined by wooden period furniture.
From the top floor rooms, there is a wonderful view of Prague Castle and the picturesque Lesser Town rooftops.
- All rooms have comfort bathrooms, with a tub or a shower.
- The rooms are equipped with a hair drier, minibar, safe, direct dial telephone, TV set with satellite reception. There is a possibility of cable internet connection.
- The guest rooms´ as well as all public areas´ equipment meets the EU safety and fire protection standards.
Luxury accommodation in prague - services
The reception desk is open 24 hours and our personnel is ready to meet all your wishes to your full satisfaction. We accept all international credit and debit cards (American Express, VISA, EC/MC, Diners Club, JCB).
Our experienced personnel speaks several world languages and is ready to meet all your requirements to make your stay most enjoyable.
The breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant from 7 to 10 a.m. We offer wide range of cold buffet dishes and hot menus. Upon request, the breakfast may be served in the room.
How to find this luxury hotel in Prague - Bishop's House
City Transfer Direction:
- By streetcar (Tramway): No. 12, 22 to "Malostranske namesti" stop.
- By tube (Metro): Green line "A" to metro Malostranska station then one stop by tram 12, 22 to Malostranske namesti.
Hotel stuff can arrange for you taxi service for the transfer to the hotel from the airport and from the railway station.
Prague accommodation in Hotel Bishop's House - gastronomy
The Hotel Bishop´s House contains a restaurant, Reastaurant At the Bishop´s, where you may enjoy wide selection of both Czech and international cuisine. The appetizing meals are prepared by an experienced chef.
The pleasant interior with perfect service and excellent kitchen may become the right place for your meetings with friends or business partners, for celebrations of different social events and parties, or wedding receptions.
- The capacity of the restaurant is 25 seats.
Luxury accommodation in Lesser Town - history of Hotel Bishop's House
The history of the house dates back to the Romanesque period. In the late 12th century, the powerful bishop, Prince Jindřich Břetislav, had a vast court built as a new bishop´s seat on the left bank of the Vltava river.
The succeeding bishops and archbishops had it extended and rebuilt. One of the major reconstructions followed a big fire in 1249, started by the rebels against the king Wenceslas I.
In the revolutionary year 1419, the court was plundered and burnt down. The bishop´s seat moved away and the house´s walls served as bulding material for new burgher houses.
The present appearance of the house, recalling its ancient origin only by the name, is the result of a six year reconstruction of the 16th century building finished in 1843.
- After a thorough reconstruction finished in 1999, the house was adapted for Prague hotel purposes. Behind the Empire facade, the guests can enjoy both full comfort and genuine atmosphere of the past.