Description - HOTEL BERÁNEK
Hotel Beránek Praha, is 3 star Prague hotel, is locate in downtown Prague, approximately only three minutes from Wenceslas Square. In front of the Hotel building are the metro and tram stops with connections all to outlying areas.
Hotel Beranek Praha - accommodation in Prague centre
- At the beginning of the 1900s, the building of Hotel Beránek was a part of the property and businesses that proudly bore the name Beránkovy podniky (Beranek Enterprises).
- Their founder, Mr. Josef Beránek (1864 –1936), laid the foundation in 1887 by taking over a butcher shop at Tyl Square (Tylovo náměstí). Ten years later he bought the house above his store, and the Beránek empire began to grow nicely.
- Built just before World War I there was a café and restaurant, and after the war an additional building was built for the Slovanský Hotel – Beránek.
- In 1929, Beránek built one of the most modern cinemas of the day on London Street(Londýnská ulice).
- On that street, his hotel also is documented as having had other facilities – accommodations for waiters and chambermaids, the hotel office, a private villa for the Beránek family and the hotel’s general manager, a hay loft, later adding a garage, a gasoline pump, meat market facilities and the Beránek Market Hall.
- Actually, the hotel and market hall were the life blood of the entire Tylovo náměstí area, with sales people either at their stalls or going the restaurant U Keců (today Pizza Einstein) for soup.
Beranek Praha - hotel room
Hotel offers Prague accommodation in 80 comfortable rooms and 1 apartment.
Apartment - suite
- The suite consists of two separate rooms: a double bedroom and a living room with a television, sofa and armchairs and a kitchenette.
- The spacious bathroom has both a shower stall and a bathtub.
Conference facilities in this Prague hotel
The Hotel Beránek in Prague offers two conference halls equipped with audio-video technology and internet. Maximum capacity is 150 seats.